The Coastal Hazards Center collects useful resources to help safeguard the nation’s population from disasters and natural hazards.
Consider reviewing the following links for useful information to assist individuals, households and communities prepare for natural hazards.
- 72hours.org By clicking through this interactive site, you can make sure every essential aspect of your life is safe from harm, or that you will know what to do without it.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency An in-depth guide to citizen preparedness.
- Boy Scouts of America Master the skills necessary in a natural disaster through the Boy Scouts.
- Family Preparedness Checklist Make sure your family is prepared for anything.
- Preparedness Fast Facts The Red Cross gives you the facts about emergency preparedness.
- Ready America Ready.gov organizes emergency preparedness information in a user-friendly interface.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention The CDCs source of information for preparing for and responding to emergencies.
- Emergency Preparedness for the Disabled Disability.gov gives you tools and resources to help yourself or a disabled person in an emergency.